Thursday, August 26, 2010

Baking With Betty - Part 1

What an amazing experience!! To visit the Betty Crocker kitchens, and to actually be able to bake in them! And since I am a total picture-a-holic, I've decided to split the experience into 2 posts. First up, the food.

There were 4 different stations, and we were separated into 4 groups, spending about an hour at each station. The first station I was at was the Cookie station. I managed to get a picture of everything they had to sample but one cookie bar. But I've decided that's ok, because it was one of my favorites, so now I have an excuse to make them! All of these cookies were made using Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix. So easy!!



Cranberry-Macadamia Bars (definitely a favorite!)

Next up was a about baking with kids. These all made me so excited to bake Halloween treats with Abbi!





I have to admit - by this point, I had already had a lot of sugar, so I only sampled 2 of the 4 treats in the next section - Brownies with a Twist. But anything based with a brownie is delicious!!






The last station was all about different breakfast ideas you can make using Bisquick. I have to admit that Bisquick is not something I normally have on hand, but after this, I think I'll be buying some! I can't find the links online to the recipes of most of these recipes - but I do have a copy of the recipes so I may just have to make them all and post them!

Fresh Lemon Cream Crepes (Can't find the link to this one...)

Oven Apple Pancake (I can't find the link to this one either...)

Caprese Pizza with Crispy Pancetta (Can't find this link, either - but I'll be making this one soon!)


What great food! I can guarantee you I had A LOT of sugar by the time the day was over. But it was totally worth it!

Stay tuned tomorrow for part 2 - all about what we did and the people I met!

Disclosure - General Mills paid for my travel and accommodations. All opinions expressed are my own.

8 comments:

  1. These pictures turned out BEAUTIFULLY. (And so are you, I might add!) It was so great meeting you and getting to know you better. Looking forward to adding your blog to my list, and checking in often.

    Hugs and Love,
    QuatroMama
    http://www.4tunate.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome experience! Thanks for sharing these photos with us. It sounds like you had a magnificent time and got quite a sugar high, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh awesome review! Wish I could have been there. I can't wait to see what tomorrow has in store...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soooo jealous! This looks like a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All these posts are making me wish we could go back...like today!
    It was great meeting you! Thanks for sharing!
    ~Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like so much fun! The food looks delish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are really nice you make the food looks delicious.

    Seeing them makes me want to bake some cookies with my kid.
    -Brenda

    ReplyDelete